Despite advancements in dental care and oral health, many Americans continue to suffer from tooth loss. Not only can a missing tooth cause a patient’s smile to be less attractive, it is also painful and can lead to health problems in the future if it is not replaced.
For years, the only way to replace a missing tooth was with dentures or by installing a bridge and a dental crown. While effective to a degree, dental implants are much more durable and can help prevent bone deterioration and other problems associated with tooth loss. Plus, you can receive implants right here at Quality Dental Care in Omaha, NE!
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are simply titanium screws that are used to replace the missing tooth. These screws go into the jawbone where they eventually bond to the bone in a process called osseointegration. An abutment is placed on the top of the dental implant and a dental crown is placed on to the top of abutment, resulting in a permanent false tooth. While the dental crown may need to replaced at some point, the dental implant will last a lifetime if properly cared for.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Improved Appearance | A missing tooth can make even the most beautifully white smile look less attractive. Getting that tooth replaced can restore the patient’s smile to its former glory and help improve the patient’s self-esteem.
- Comfort | Pain and discomfort often accompany a missing tooth. Foods can also get stuck in the tooth socket, which is not only bad for your oral health, but can also be annoying. Dental implants fill the void left by your tooth and will prevent and bits of food from getting trapped.
- Oral Health | Missing teeth can lead to bacterial infections, jawbone deterioration, and could cause other teeth to fall out as well. Getting a dental implant installed will help promote bone growth and prevent infections by sealing an easy entryway to the bloodstream.
- Eat Your Favorite Foods | When a tooth is missing, it can make it difficult to eat hard and chewy foods. Dental implants can help restore your mouth to its natural state and make it easier for you to enjoy some of your favorite foods.
- Improved Oral Care | It can be difficult to practice good oral health techniques when one tooth is missing. The empty tooth socket is sensitive and can make it harder to reach difficult areas of the mouth with a brush. Brushing and flossing can made easier once a dental implant has been installed in place of your missing tooth.
Show Off Your Quality Smile With Dental Implants
If you are interested in getting a dental implant implanted or any of the other services we offer at Quality Dental Care in Omaha, NE you can contact us here or by calling 402.431.8844 to schedule an appointment.